The Glory Shop
Please see our video and apply below.
The Glory Shop is a school for creative arts and discipleship, based out of The Salvation Army Times Square Corps. This school is aimed at zealous young adults (18-35) who want to invest a year in their own spiritual growth, and in their development as artists. The program will run from September - June. The weekly schedule will include morning worship, classes in Bible, evangelism, holiness and prayer, as well as afternoon classes in either dance or theater. All students will receive room and board in New York City for the course of the year, and will be actively involved in ministry as they learn.
This is a hands-on experience, including regular prayer walks around the city, street evangelism and outreach. The students will be a part of a beautiful ministry to city kids, teens, parents, corps members, the homeless, and those in The Salvation Army's Adult Rehabilitation Center.
With a major emphasis on the performing arts, the students will develop skill in their craft, and will also have the chance to perform as a part of our shows on a regular basis. Students will not only learn technical skills as dancers and actors, but they will also develop as creators, innovators, and visionaries.
We believe that those of you who invest this time in your own development will be greatly blessed as a result. This year-long program will act as a springboard, catapulting you forward into your destiny as a follower of Jesus Christ, and as an artist.
Full-time option (room/board and local travel included):
$8,000/year - due in four installments throughout the year
Theatre 315 is the name of our professional quality off-Broadway Black Box Theater. We host performances and rehearsals of all kinds in this space, as well as in our dance studio upstairs.
What We Believe
The Salvation Army's eleven articles of faith reflect our determination to remain faithful to our standards and principles.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that there is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
- We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
- We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
- We believe that our first parents were created in a state of innocence, but by their disobedience, they lost their purity and happiness, and that in consequence of their fall, all men have become sinners, totally depraved, and as such are justly exposed to the wrath of God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has by His suffering and death made an atonement for the whole world so that whosoever will may be saved.
- We believe that repentance toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are necessary to salvation.
- We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that he that believeth hath the witness in himself.
- We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
- We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the body, in the general judgment at the end of the world, in the eternal happiness of the righteous, and in the endless punishment of the wicked.
315W. 47th Street
New York, NY 10036
For further information on The Salvation Army in New York City:
The Glory Shop School and other Church Programs
Olivia.Munn-Shirsath@use.salvationarmy.org or Pratik.Munn-Shirsath@use.salvationarmy.org